Saturday 6 December 2014

My top 5 foundations

Hey Lovies,

Time and time again I mention how I love collecting samples before deciding to part with my hard earned monies for foundation and I think with good reason. The market has become so saturated and it is very easy to fall into the hype of products. Which is why I adopt the 'try before I buy' attitude.

With all that said I am here to give you my top 5 foundations that I reach for and would certainly repurchase over and over again. 



Bobbi Brown foundation stick
This was my first high end foundation that I bought after the brand whose name I shall not mention left my face in an absolute state! This was a recommendation from a friend and I went straight to go and get colour matched and bought it. The formula that I own is the old formula as I have been informed that they recently changed it. What I really like about it is the way it applies with no mess! Just so creamy which allows it to slide on with ease and blends like a dream. I blend it out with my ebay face brush spritzed with some fix+. This foundation gives me about 6 hours of solid wear for those days when I just have errands to run.

Sleek New Skin Revive Foundation
This foundation has become one of my favourites due to the amount of compliments I receive whenever I have it on. This foundation is thicker and much fuller coverage than the others that I have so I tend to use it when I have a breakout problem or pun even skin tone. This foundation seriously just looks like my skin... As in like a second skin. I do feel that it is slightly too heavy but I always make sure theat I thoroughly wash my face that night after using it to make sure I don't breakout due to the thick nature. I tend to start getting oily around my t-zone at around the 4/5th hour of wear but not enough for me to feel like a grease-ball.

Lancôme Tient Idole Foundation
What I really like about this foundation is that it really holds up against the elements. I usually wear this when I have a party to go to and those who know me, know that true to Naija style I am a bit of a dancer so I need something that would stay put when put through exercise as I call it. The formula is slightly runny but dries to a semi matte finish. It gives me a solid 8hr wear with minimal touch ups when used with a very correct primer. As you can see I am running low but will certainly get it again when it does. 

L'oreal True Match Foundation
I really wanted to try out this foundation after hearing numerous great things about it especially from our stateside counterparts. As you know we have the same product but in a different bottle and also the colour range is quite crap for lack of a better word. I randomly went past into of the bargain shops and spotted the U.S. Version and did not hesitate to pick it up. It has a really runny consistency which makes it somewhat light on the skin. It is certainly buildable. The shade is a tad too dark for me but I make it work by using it sparingly then setting it with a lighter shade powder. This gives me the least amount of wear time out of all my foundations which is about 3-4 hours before getting the oily T-zone, but I only use it when I need to pop out quickly and get things done.

Nars Sheer Matte Foundation
This in my opinion is the Creme de la Creme of foundations (for me at least). I have raved about this foundation to whoever would listen and quite frankly I think people are sick of it lol. I love the matte look on me with a POPPING highlight on the high points of my cheek. This foundation certainly gives me the matte look that I am after without making me look like a cake face. This when coupled with a primer gives me a solid 8-9hours wear with touching up my nose once or twice within that time (as we know you can never completly eliminate the oils). This what makes this foundation my favourite amongst all that I have tried and always recommend it.

What foundations are your favourite or do you recommend I give a go?

Remmy x

No comments:

Post a Comment