Saturday 6 December 2014

Winter Skin Love


With the colder and bitter weather setting in its only right to put the lighter moisturisers and lotions to the back of the cupboards and draws and bring out the big guns.
As you may or may not know I have Combination/Dry skin which cam be really irritating to look after especially in the dry spots on my face. So I really needed to look for something that was up to the task.
I had also recently run out of my night cream and the one I was using before was pretty expensive so it was time to find an alternative.

I then came across Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Night Cream and thought to give it a go. The product is said to have 95% of its ingredients from a natural source including Aloe Vera and Moroccan Argan Oil. It claims to give naturally soft and smooth skin, provide 24hr moisurisation and support skin regeneration throughout the night. With such big claims I was certainly intrigued and wanted to try it out. The product seems okay so far but one big thing that I utterly dislike about it is the smell... Oh dear. To me it has a really offensive smell but it may not seem ass bad to others.

The other item I then picked up was the Boots Traditional Skin Cream which I had used once upon a time but decided to branch out and forgot all about it. In my search I came across it and picked it up. I used this as my day cream and love how rich it is and the fact that my face remains moisturised all day and my dry spots are kept nourished. It has a nice delicate scent that does not terrorise my nostrils which I am very grateful for. With a generous 200mls in the container, I have not doubt that this will be more than enough to last me through the upcoming winter months.

What changes have you had to make to your routine to adapt to the change in weather?

Remmy x


2 comments:

  1. Hey, love your blog!! I am also currently trying the Nivea Pure and Natural Night Cream but it gave me a rash. I also felt like the consistency was too light. Hope it goes well for you though
    Harriee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hun, thanks a lot! I do not like the Nicea cream if I was to be honest. It's really the smell that gets to me and it does not seem to be doing anything for me. But I paid for it so I have to use it lol :( what do you use now instead?

    ReplyDelete