Thursday 12 February 2015

Quick update...

Hey Lovies,

Recently I was asked about my natural journey and how it was going so I thought I would give you a quick little update.

The bottom line... This. Is. Hard!!!

Like I knew it wouldn't be easy but I never knew it would be this hard. Is it the setbacks I should start with or the fact that it is torture trying to think of a hairstyle that I would like but not compromise my hairline or get messy too quick or the fear that it just would not bang!

Let me just give you a few points

Single Strand Knots - I had a serious setback a few months in with single strand knots. It was a serious problem where I had to cut a few inches off in order to get rid of them. That hurt me to do because I was seeing small small growth.

Heat Damage - Omo (definition: gurrrl or boyyy) the heat damage has been too real. This was due to having leave-outs when I had my weaves in. This is something I am still dealing with but will eventually need to cut those damaged bits yet leading to loss in length. Great.

Lack Of Styles - now this is probably the worst of them all. I feel like I have been so restricted when it comes to the styles I am able to do. Anyone that knows me knows I am the ride or die for braids gang but even that is turning into a hassle as it has helped my hairline hopscotch backwards in a few places. I've also noticed that the braids get messy a lot quicker now, and I'm talking about 1 week later you would think I've had it for a month. Not only that but no hairstyle seemed to come out right due to my hair being very thick and full. 

Dryness - As I said before my hair is very thick and full and I feel like because of this it makes it very dry. To combat this or even keep it to a minimum I've had to moisturise & seal in the morning and evening which is very tedious and time consuming.

I know a length check is what people love so I have the following pictures which I took after I took my braids out. Excuse the awkward poses in the onsie, this was actually a phone selfie I had sent to a friend lol. Until my one year anniversary.



A braid out that I attempted

Remmy x




1 comment: